- Fox 8 WGHP Features High Point Community Foundation Impact
High Point is fortunate to have a local television news organization that partners with the community by promoting positive initiatives.
Fox 8 WGHP hosts a regular feature on community foundation impact in the ...
- YWCA will dismantle racism one conversation at a time
CA High Point is on a mission to alleviate systemic racism so that everyone in the community is an equal partner in its success.
- Giving 101 – The key to successful economic development in High Point
I don’t believe there has ever been a time in High Point’s history in which so many positive developments are converging at one time.
- Giving 101 – Angels on our Shoulders
There is nothing I have
encountered thus far in my life as heart wrenching as losing a cherished loved
Two summers ago my family
and I were saying goodbye to my father ...
- On Dr. Otis Tillman
Moral courage is perhaps one of the most significant gifts we can give to our community. It is, in many respects, a sharing of one’s heart which has the capacity ...
Ema Mae Bowman, center, visits with Paul Lessard’s family after Paul and Jack rescued her from drowning in her car in raging floodwater.
The older I get the more I believe ...
- HPCAV shows criminals a better way through compassion and work
When you think of charitable work in the community, what comes to mind? At-risk youth, hunger, housing, seniors, education, access to health care? All worthy causes.
What about helping ...
- Longtime Foundation supporter featured for underwriting HPU chapel renovation
The Charles E. Hayworth Chapel is considered the “heart and soul” of the High Point University campus. Built 47 years ago, the chapel will undergo a complete renovation this ...
- Community partners work with Barnes & Noble donating stacks of books to inspire a love for reading at High Point elementary schools
Princesses, superheroes and historic figures—The High Point Community Foundation and Say Yes Guilford worked with Barnes & Noble to donate stacks of books to two elementary schools.
school teachers continually strive ...
- Family Opportunity Center takes a two-generational approach to ending poverty
The Guilford Child Development Family Opportunity Center will have even more success with two additional childcare professionals recently hired using the grant it received from High Point Community Foundation.
- The Gift of our “Greatest Generation”
Those of us who have known and loved members of what Tom Brokaw so aptly described as our Greatest Generation have seen what I believe is the very best in ...