“In December 2011, the High Point Community Foundation partnered with High Point Central High School to purchase 50 uniforms for the school’s marching band. This partnership has assisted in providing an unforgettable high school experience for the students involved in the band program.
“The purchasing of these uniforms had an immediate effect on our students. It brought about a sense of pride; not only did our students sound good, they also looked good. Other students wanted to be part this program and the participation increased from 18 students in the 2011-2012 school year to 45 participants in the 2014-2015 marching band season. Over the past 4 years, participation in community events has greatly increased. Our students have had the opportunity to serve the High Point community in various ways, such as:
- Give a Kid A Coat campaign
- Sponsored breast cancer awareness Pink Out football game
- Performances at surrounding elementary schools: Fairview, Oak Hill, Oak View, Shadybrook
- Performances at Pennybyrn Retirement Community
- Heal the World performance in collaboration with Fairview, Oak Hill, Shadybrook Elementary Schools and Ragsdale High School Marching Band.
“The support from High Point Community Foundation has assisted High Point Central with providing the students participating in the band program an opportunity to be positively involved in the school and local community.”
principal, High Point Central High School